[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
firemath.info • View topic - xhtml and html

xhtml and html

Topics related to Firemath and to this Website.
Forum rules
Entries must be in English and should be related to Firemath or to this Website.
We reserve the right re remove entries.

xhtml and html

Postby Horus » Tue Dec 28, 2010 21:15 UTC

I have a question which might not be quite related to firemath.

When I save the equation to xhtml, but if the file extension is simply .html, FF 3.6 can't display it correctly. I need to rename it to .xhtml to make it display correctly.

I always thought the content is the most important and file extension is only optional. But this xhtml/html gives me doubt.

Sorry, I'm no expert in xhtml syntax, so even though I've read through the generated xhtml code, I don't know if it's the code or the extension which matters.
Horus

Re: xhtml and html

Postby Horus » Thu Dec 30, 2010 15:05 UTC

I think I've found the answer to my own question. The answer is here:

at "Essentials" section where it's written that:
Mozilla must be asked to parse the document as XML
and in order to "satisfy the (first) requirement, it is enough to use local files with the extension .xhtml."

So, please force saving file to have .xhtml extension.
Horus

Return to Questions and Feedback